Monday, May 3, 2010

A Tribute to my Hero...

I read…felt overwhelmed…guilty about my behavior…tweeted about it…. but couldn't just stop at that.


So I sat down to pen.. rather key in.. my thoughts about this phenomenon - Big B as we fondly have grown to call him. We have held him in high esteem.. have greatly respected him, have been entertained by him for years and years now. Yet the era lives on .. the legacy continues.. having immitated him as a child.. doing mock fights with friends..aah..dhishoom!! aah…dhishoom!! Having lived his angry young man avatar in those teen years..Having his famous screen name as my real life name have prompted people to call me "Don", "Inspector Vijay" (some even promoted me to SP), "Vijay Dinanath Chauhan" over my growing years... Having adored…loved..his style, his cool demeanor, the wiseness on his face , the grace of his age...He's always been an eternal hero..while others have come and gone ..He has stayed ..solid as a rock!!!

(Image Coutesy:Chakpak.com)


I had heard/read a lot about his accident during the shooting of Coolie, of how the whole of India prayed for his well being, of how hundreds of fans used to gather outside Breach Candy to pray for his health.. But having read his account of the medical ailments he has been facing over the years (http://bit.ly/d5rHmp), how he has been transforming some of the disabilities into 'Styles' in his films; I am overwhelmed and the respect has grown a thousand times.

How many times do we complain about the problems that we face everyday and forget to count our blessings..Here is a man who has been fighting his health but never complaining (atleast in public) and going about his duties of entertaining us and keeping us in good spirits..

And I thought I was in a mess and had all the problems in the world and that God has been unfair with me of late. Thank you again, Big B, for being my hero, for inspiring hope in me, giving me the resolve to stand up against odds, for opening my eyes to the blessings I have and for letting me know how trivial are problems bothering me. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment